Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Reflective Essay 1

The competencies that I have in reading and writing English are my vocabulary and my ability to comprehend most of the articles that I read. During my spare time, I read pocket books that help me understand and learn new words. Furthermore, in my high school, we used to write essays and book reports about classic novels. Although, there are some areas that I do not excel in. My grammar is not that good and there are times when I do not understand what I read, especially poems. I do not easily get what poems are supposed to relay to the readers. I am also not good in getting the main ideas of articles but after reading it several times I tend to understand it better. My expectation for the Englcom course is that it is going to be difficult. Although it is more on reading and writing, I believe it is not going to be easy. I make mistakes and I hope to improve them through this course. Although it may be difficult, the course seems interesting. I may be able to learn new things from this class and be able to improve my writing skills. I also expect to read new articles/novels that will give me new ideas and help me better understand poems. I believe that this course will be able to help me improve on the areas that I am weak on. Through this course I hope that my English will improve and I will be able to write better essays in the near future. Even though I had English classes in my high school, I believe that by continuing studying English, I will be able to improve. I will be able to improve my English and this can help me in my future. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I need to be able to read, write and speak in English fluently. If I would want to make business transactions with other countries, I would need to learn English so that I would be able to make business with them. Furthermore, learning English will be beneficial to me because I will be able to correct my mistakes and I can be a successful entrepreneur. I will be able to reach my goal, which is to become successful in my career someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment