Friday, December 4, 2009

Static-Descriptive Essay - My Eighteenth Birthday

As I prepared myself for dinner, I could not help but feel anxious of what would happen. This was the first time we would go to a hotel to eat dinner and celebrate my birthday. I remember wearing jeans and a shirt to match but then changed into a silky magenta dress because my mom and sister told me to dress nicely.
We left the house immediately after we got ready and went to the hotel where my other sister was waiting. Her work place was near the hotel so she went there straight to meet up with us. The joy and excitement I felt was we headed to the hotel told me that this night would be something to remember.
As I entered the hotel, a sudden thrill went through me. I could not help but feel giddy at the thought of eating at a fancy place with my family.
The room was dimly lit and the arrangements of the table were set so that we would not disturb other tables. The chairs looked soft and it made me feel at ease with the place. All around me, people were having light conversations with their family and friends while eating dinner. The aroma of the food engulfed me as my family and I found the table we were going to sit in. After we got settled, we went to get some food from the buffet table.
The aroma of the food was so tempting that I could not resist trying most of them. One of the dishes that I could not help but eat was the “Paella Negra”. Paella Negra with its black sauce, rice, crab and various seafood was like going to heaven. It tasted unlike any other dish that I had before. It was not too salty and I could taste the mixture of ingredients as I took a bite. To top it all off, I had the perfect opportunity to eat another dish that I could kill for – dessert. One of their desserts was crepe with any fruit of your choice. The crepe with apples and bananas topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream slowly melting at the sides was the highlight of my night. It felt so good to eat something so delicious after a long day in school. The mixture of the apples and bananas with the ice cream made it sweet yet not that sugary sweet that makes you sick of the taste.
As the night came to an end, we had to leave the hotel and head for home. So after eating a sumptuous meal, we took one last shot for memory’s sake.
The smiles plastered on my family’s face will always be engraved in my heart as we celebrated this occasion. The way my father and mother seemed so happy that I was happy during my birthday was a moment I will cherish. Also, my siblings showed me the love they have for me by being with me on this day.
As we left for home, I could not bear the thought of this day coming to an end, but as I looked back, I realized that there is no need for me to feel this. I had a wonderful evening spent with my family. I could not have asked for a better evening.
I will always have with me the memory of my eighteenth birthday – the joy and excitement I felt in the hotel as we celebrated my newfound adulthood. Truly this event has shown me how special it is to spend those memorable moments in your life with your family.

1 comment:

  1. Writing this composition was difficult for me because I do not know how to show how I felt during this event. Also it is not easy for me to express my feelings. It felt good after writing this essay because I know in myself that I am capable of writing my feelings. Although, I need some improvements on expressing myself because I do not know how to describe my feelings. Also the organization of my essay is jumbled that it is hard to understand what I am trying to say.

    ReplyDelete